Thursday 19 September 2013

Day 4: Abbeville-Amiens (50 km)


Day 4: Abbeville-Amiens (50 Km)

Quite a short day today but to be honest, I needed it. My legs are starting to get tired so I'm happy with the afternoons rest. 

We left Abbeville this morning and made our way towards Amiens on a lovely quiet country road. We have also found a petrol station that's happy to fill up our fuel bottles for our stoves YIPPEEE!!

We came across Couy (?) British Cemetery. I think that's what it was called but maybe someone more knowledgable will know. This was my first time in a cemetery like this and it shocked me as I always had imagined it would. 

Couy Cemetery. 'We will remember them'

We are now on a train to Paris to meet Demi & Chloe and looking forward to a massive dinner & a goods night sleep. 

John sorting his kit out on the train. 

I think the plan is now to head towards Font and spend a few days bouldering there. 

Ross & John

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ross and John

    Following you daily. Looks like a lot of fun. Hope you enjoyed Paris, good food and good sleep. Stay safe, love ya xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    Glad to hear it's all going well so far. Look forward to reading more.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete